Vidne, offer eller sigtet
- Witness, victim or suspect
The criminal justice process
- Witnesses and victims
- Dem møder du i retten
- Se retslokalet indefra
Are you a victim of crime?
General information for victims
- Reporting the crime
- The police interview
- Medical examination
- Contact person
- Legal advocate
- About giving evidence in court
- Witness compensation
- What if I get sick or am prevented from coming to the court hearing?
- Can I avoid giving evidence as a witness?
- Can I be anonymous when giving evidence as a witness?
- Can I be shown special consideration when I appear in court as a witness?
- When the case is closed
- Participation in victim-offender mediation
- Have you been a victim of violence or a similar crime?
- Have you been a victim of psychological violence?
- Have you been sexually assaulted?
- Have you experienced theft or a similar crime?
- Have you been victimised, harassed, or stalked?
- Udsat for en hadforbrydelse?
- Are you a relative of a victim?
- Are you closely related to a child who has been sexually assaulted?
- Are you under the age of 18 and victim of sexual assault?
- Are you a victim of crime abroad?
- Ofte stillede spørgsmål fra ofre
- Til professionelle
- General information for victims
- Have you witnessed a crime?
Are you provisionally charged in a criminal case?
- Provisional charge, arrest, and custody
- The police interview
- The defence counsel
- Ofte stillede spørgsmål fra sigtede
- Help and guidance
In cases concerning gross violence, serious threats, or sexual offences (such as rape), you will be assigned a contact person if the police expect you to appear in court as a witness. You may also be assigned a contact person in other cases if necessary.
The contact person will be able to provide you with guidance and information about your legal position and about the case. You can read about the criminal justice process here.
In addition, the contact person can tell you about your options for special consideration to be taken when you appear in court. The contact person is typically a police officer. Read more about your options for special consideration to be taken when you appear in court as a witness. You can talk to the police about getting a contact person.