Vidne, offer eller sigtet
- Witness, victim or suspect
The criminal justice process
- Witnesses and victims
- Dem møder du i retten
- Se retslokalet indefra
Are you a victim of crime?
General information for victims
- Reporting the crime
- The police interview
- Medical examination
- Contact person
- Legal advocate
- About giving evidence in court
- Witness compensation
- What if I get sick or am prevented from coming to the court hearing?
- Can I avoid giving evidence as a witness?
- Can I be anonymous when giving evidence as a witness?
- Can I be shown special consideration when I appear in court as a witness?
- When the case is closed
- Participation in victim-offender mediation
- Have you been a victim of violence or a similar crime?
- Have you been a victim of psychological violence?
- Have you been sexually assaulted?
- Have you experienced theft or a similar crime?
- Have you been victimised, harassed, or stalked?
- Udsat for en hadforbrydelse?
- Are you a relative of a victim?
- Are you closely related to a child who has been sexually assaulted?
- Are you under the age of 18 and victim of sexual assault?
- Are you a victim of crime abroad?
- Ofte stillede spørgsmål fra ofre
- General information for victims
- Have you witnessed a crime?
Are you provisionally charged in a criminal case?
- Provisional charge, arrest, and custody
- The police interview
- The defence counsel
- Ofte stillede spørgsmål fra sigtede
- Help and guidance
Participation in victim-offender mediation
As a victim, you can sometimes decide to participate in victim-offender mediation. Victim-offender mediation is a meeting between you and the offender in which you can talk to the offender in a secure environment about what happened and how it has affected you. The offender can explain his or her thoughts about the crime.
Participation in the meeting is voluntary for you and the offender. A specially trained mediator will be present.
Victim-offender mediation is only possible if the offender has admitted his or her guilt. The police assess whether a case is suitable for mediation. If you are interested in participating in victim-offender mediation, you can also suggest it to the police yourself. Victim-offender mediation does not replace court proceedings, and the offender will still be punished.
You can read more about this on the website of the Victim-Offender Mediation Secretariat.