State Prosecutor for Serious Economic and International Crime
1604 Copenhagen V.
Tel.: +45 72 68 90 00
Fax: +45 45 15 01 19
Monday to Thursday: 9:00 – 15:00
Friday: 9:00 – 14:00
Reports of suspicious money laundering transactions
Read more about money laundering and submit your report online.
About the State Prosecutor for Serious Economic and International Crime
First, the State Prosecutor for Serious Economic and International Crime handles cases concerned with serious economic crime. Such cases are primarily concerned with suspected economic offences that:
– are extensive in scope,
– have been committed as part of organised crime,
– have been committed by means of specific business methods, or
– stand out as particularly qualified in some other manner.
Second, the State Prosecutor for Serious Economic and International Crime deals with international criminal proceedings – primarily concerned with genocide, crimes against humanity, war crimes and other serious crimes committed abroad for which the investigations and criminal prosecution require:
– special knowledge and insight into conditions in areas outside Denmark, and
– the establishment of collaboration with authorities, institutions, organisations, etc., in other countries.
In addition to actual criminal cases, the State Prosecutor is involved in pre-legislative and international work. The State Prosecutor also handles the following tasks:
– receipt and analysis of reports on money laundering and the financing of terrorism
– tracing, restraint and confiscation of proceeds of crime
– initial review of criminal cases, including reports on intellectual property right violations
The staff at the State Prosecutor for Serious Economic and International Crime comprises legal consultants, police officers, analysts, administrative employees, and specialist consultants with a background in finance.